What is Gonstead Chiropractic?
- Visualisation: Looking for subtle changes in posture or movement
- Instrumentation: Gliding an instrument called a Nervoscope down the length of the spine to detect any uneven distribution of heat that would indicate inflammation.
- Static palpation: Feeling the patient’s spine while he or she stands still, in order to locate any swelling, tenderness or abnormality in the muscles and tissues of the back.
- Motion palpation: Feeling the patient’s spine while he or she moves and bends at various angles, so as to assess the ease or difficulty with which each segment in the spine moves.
- X-Ray analysis: Examining the entire structure of the spine to evaluate posture, spinal integrity and any vertebral misalignments and to rule out any pathology such as a fracture.
Pain felt in one area might be originating from a completely different area, especially where something is misaligned or out of place. For example, pain in the back may stem from the pelvis.
“Gonstead chiropractors look at the spine from an engineer’s point of view. By analysing and treating the structure and mobility of each disc in relation to the overall functioning of the spine and surrounding tissues, we aim to rebuild the spine from the bottom up.
After identifying the root of the problem, our goal is to relieve the nerve pressure as soon as possible with the most specific adjustment we can give – without having to use gizmos such as hand-held activators.
Chiropractic is not just for slipped disc, or neck pain. It encompasses the whole body – it’s for men, women and children, and it should be a part of your healthy lifestyle.”
Expat Living, May 2014